Local Area: Tsaghkadzor

Tsaghkadzor is a popular health resort located in the Kotayk Province. The town has about 2000 population and is among the most visited tourist attractions.

Tsaghkadzor means valley of flowers, and it is also related to the nearby Tsaghkunyats Mountains on the west of the town. There are so many activities to be occupied in Tsaghkadzor. To start with, it is enough to mention the Kecharis Monastery, which is a well-preserved medieval architectural and religious complex. 

The monastery was founded at the beginning of the 11th century and consists of 4 separate adjoining churches. The main church was built in 1033 and is called St Gregory Church. The church of St Nshan was constructed in 1051, and the Katoghike Church was built at the beginning of the 13th century. The 4th  Church of the complex is St Harutyun built in1220.

Another sightseeing in Tsaghkadzor is the house-museum of Brothers Orbeli. It is dedicated to the Armenian scientists Levon, Ruben and Joseph Orbeli ,who were born in Tsaghkadzor. Joseph Orbeli administrated the Hermitage Museum of St Peterburg in 1934-1951. Levon Orbeli was a prominent SSR academician of science and Ruben Orbeli was the founder of marine archaeology and principal specialist of ocean engineering.

The infrastructure of tourism is highly developed in Tsaghkadzor. There are a number of luxurious hotels, amusement facilities and resorts. The Tsaghkadzor Ski Resort has been thoroughly modernized in the recent years. Leitner Group operates all ropeway lifts. There are initially four ropeway lifts stretching from the mountain foot. The first one is 1969m above sea level, the second is 2819m, the third is 2234m, and the fourth, which was built in 2006 is 2465m above sea level.

The skiing season in Tsaghkadzor starts in mid-December and ends in March.


>

Distance from ParisHotel: 57 Km
Contact details: Address` Armenia, Kotayk